Friday, October 20, 2006

Understanding?

I picked him up from daycare yesterday, and had Lily w/ me.

So I put his hand on the car while I get her in. (he tends to run off otherwise and this way he either stays there or he strokes the car before running off, so I have time to at least get her in the car, if not buckle her up, before getting him)

Well this time, he tried to go in on the side I was loading Lily (probably 'cause usually I put his hand on the car, throw all his stuff thruogh the window and then get him in)

I said "No, Tristan, you get in on the other side"

I don't know if he understood me, or noticed his booster seat wasn't on that side, but he immediately walked around the car to his door and proceeded to stroke it.

Then he started stroking the truck next to us, in which a father had just completed loading himself and his daughter, so I figured I better stop buckling Lily before Tristan got himself run over.... (thankfully, however, the dad had seen tristan and didn't move until I got him in the car and moved to the other side to finish buckling Lily)

No comments: