Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Long night

Apparently at some point after Dad put Tristan to bed (I'd attempted to turn in early, but this didn't work out), Lola went to the bathroom (they share a room - we live in a 2 bdrm apt) and Tristan came out of the bedroom. Tristan proceeded to be very unhappy and crying. So neither Neal or I got any sleep. Neal tried feeding him some of a snack he'd made for himself. I made him numerous sandwiches, tried putting a dvd on in his and Lola's bedroom, let him sleep at the foot of our bed with the fan on. He fell asleep. but as soon as I moved him from our bed so that we could sleep in it, he woke up and proceeded crying again. We moved the fan into the living room so that he could sleep out there and be near the fan. Still didn't help. Ultimately we ended up putting him in the shower, as that seems to calm him. at the point he was almost asleep in the shower I took him out made him a sandwich and he finally went to sleep. It was well after 4 AM at this point. Then Lily started crying as soon as he was asleep (luckily she's made happy if I just feed her, so I was able to get a couple of hours of sleep in). I'm buying another fan for Tristan today. Maybe he'll be more likely to sleep in his room then.

No comments: